be exchanged and made freely available
2015 ARAON Arctic geological expedition: Box Core(BC) sediment data
A total of 7 geological stations were chosen to obtain box core sediments based on previously collected data for geophysical records, providing age control, and investigating paleoceanographic environments. Retrieved cores were described, photographed, and logged on the Geotek Multi-Sensor Core Logger. Detailed analyses such as stable isotopes of planktonic and benthic foraminifers, organic geochemistr0y, biogenic opal contents, microfossils and biomarkers will be performed after this expedition. The overall objective of coring using the box core during cruise ARA06C was to obtain sediment records to constrain, and thus better understand, the timing and chronology of marine glaciations along the East-Siberian and Chukchi continental margins.
- Entry ID
- Science Keyword
- ISO Topic
- Seung-Il Nam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Research period
- 2015-08-27 ~ 2015-09-06
- Create/Update Date
- 2015-10-01 / 2022-02-08
- OCEAN > ARCTIC OCEAN > CHUKCHI SEA > East-Siberian and Chukchi continental margins.
- The data(KOPRI-KPDC-00000523) used in this work was provided by the Korea Polar Research Institute.
- Spatial Coverage
- lat:76.602687, lon:-161.168018
- lat:75.523263, lon:178.870742
- lat:75.620703, lon:176.540425
- lat:76.431067, lon:-172.676702
- lat:73.620362, lon:-166.428882
- lat:73.634263, lon:-166.506070
- lat:73.631705, lon:-166.519780