be exchanged and made freely available
This is an old version of this data.You can view the most recent version.
Near-Real-Time DMSP SSMIS Daily Polar Gridded Sea Ice Concentrations
This Near-Real-Time DMSP SSMIS Daily Polar Gridded Sea Ice Concentrations (NRTSI) data set provides sea ice concentrations for both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. The near-real-time passive microwave brightness temperature data that are used as input to this data set are acquired with the Special Sensor Microwave Imager/Sounder (SSMIS) on board the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) satellites. Starting with 1 April 2016, data from DMSP-F18 are used. The SSMIS instrument is the next generation Special Sensor Microwave/Imager (SSM/I) instrument. SSMIS data are received daily from the Comprehensive Large Array-data Stewardship System (CLASS) at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and are gridded onto a polar stereographic grid. Investigators generate sea ice concentrations from these data using the NASA Team algorithm.
- Entry ID
- Science Keyword
- ISO Topic
- DMSP (Defense Meteorological Satellite Program) Satellites
- SSMIS (Special Sensor Microwave Imager/Sounder)
- Hyun-Cheol Kim (email@example.com)
- Research period
- 2017-01-01 ~ 2017-12-31
- Create/Update Date
- 2018-10-05 / 2018-10-05
- Near-Real-Time DMSP SSMIS Daily Polar Gridded Sea Ice Concentrations Research on analytical technique for satellite observation of Arctic sea ice Lee sungjae 2018-10-05 06:27:28 UTC
- The data(KOPRI-KPDC-00001010) used in this work was provided by the Korea Polar Research Institute.
- Spatial Coverage
- lat:30.000000, lon:-180.000000
- lat:90.000000, lon:180.000000