be exchanged and made freely available
This is an old version of this data.You can view the most recent version.
ASI Algorithm Daily AMSR2 (AND AMSR-E) Arctic Sea ice Concentration 2014
These sea ice concentration data are retrieved with the ARTIST Sea Ice (ASI) algorithm (Spreen et al., 2008) which is applied to microwave radiometer data of the sensors AMSR-E (Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer for EOS) on the NASA satellite Aqua, and AMSR2 (Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2) on the JAXA satellite GCOM-W1. The ASI algorithm using AMSR-E data was first implemented at IUP in 2002 and has been continuously producing sea ice concentration data since then. As several details of the processing chain have changed over the years, in 2018, all ASI ice concentration data for the Arctic and Antarctic based on AMSR-E and AMSR2 were reprocessed with exactly the same parameters, settings and software. The result are ASI data, version 5.4. The details are explained in the following sections.
- Entry ID
- Science Keyword
- EARTH SCIENCE > OCEANS > SEA ICE > SEA ICE CONCENTRATION
- ISO Topic
- Sungjae Lee (email@example.com)
- Hyun-Cheol Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PE19120, Research on analytical technique for satellite observation of Arctic sea ice. PI.Hyun-Cheol Kim
- Research period
- 2014-01-01 - 2014-12-31
- Create/Update Date
- 2019-10-07 / 2019-10-07
- OCEAN > ARCTIC OCEAN > Arctic Ocean
- The data(KOPRI-KPDC-00001248) used in this work was provided by the Korea Polar Research Institute.
- Spatial Coverage
- [lat:-60, lon:-180] , [lat:-90, lon:180]